Tata Motors has unveiled its latest pure EV concept Avinya. Tata’s innovative electric vehicle platform provides the foundation for this vehicle. By 2025, the company plans to launch cars based on Avinya to the market. The Avinya concept vehicles will have a range of more than 500 kilometres equipped with fast charging. The Avinya concept is based on Gen 3 architecture.
The name Avinya is a word taken from the Sanskrit language, according to Tata Motors MD Shailesh Chandra. It denotes innovation.
Tata Motors recently launched Tata Passenger Electric Mobility, a new firm dedicated to electric automobiles. This company is responsible for the production of cars based on Avinya.
Highlights of the new Avinya concept:
- Tata Avinya’s design has a futuristic feel about it. It has been made as simple and as minimal as possible. This can be seen in the fact that a touch panel has been installed on the car’s steering wheel, from which all of the vehicle’s features may be managed. The car’s dashboard is essentially a full soundbar, making it a joyful vehicle. Each passenger’s headrest is equipped with speakers, allowing him to enjoy a more personalized experience while listening to music.
- Tata has released a teaser, which shows the car’s driver and front passenger seats rotating 360 degrees. Not only that, but the legroom in the automobile has been given extra attention.
- The car’s interior, on the other hand, has been designed to make occupants feel at ease. An aroma diffuser has also been placed near the middle handrest. The interior of the car, however, is devoid of vibrant colors which might not be the case in a real product.
- The Tata Avinya’s windscreen is fairly large. It blends in with the sunroof to create the illusion of a single screen. At the same time, its alloy wheels are similar to those on the Tata Curve, but they don’t have the same flower design.
- Another feature of the is that it appears like a premium hatchback but has MPV-like utility and is planned to be an SUV crossover. Its front grille has been given a muscular appearance, similar to that of luxury automobiles such as BMW and Audi.
- Moreover, the company is shunting its efforts on the vehicle’s software. While giving the world a first look at this car, Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran stated that software will be the most essential factor in future automobiles. Machine learning will be used to power this AI. In this case, it’s safe to assume that the new cars under Avinya will have a lot of connected car capabilities.
- Tata Motors has given a new form of the brand logo that will also serve as the car’s headlight.