Almost all the major automobile makers and many new entrants are focusing on electric vehicles and now American brand Jeep has also joined the competition. The Stellantis Group, which is the parent company of Jeep, recently revealed its commercial plans for the coming years. The company revealed its roadmap for the electrification of the Jeep brand. According to the announcement, the electric Jeep SUV will make its debut in the first half of 2023.
As of now, Stellantis have not revealed the name of the upcoming crossover but the company has announced that the EV crossover will be first launched in Europe. While the company has refrained from giving any details about the price, battery, motor, range or features for the model, two pictures of the upcoming SUV has been surfacing on the internet. Let’s talk about the design of the upcoming Jeep SUV.
How does it look from the front?
- n terms of design, the first all-electric Jeep gets a boxy look with a seven slotted grille at the front. However, since the model is an EV, the slats have now been discontinued for better aerodynamics.
- Apart from the grille, the front of the vehicle gets a set of LED headlamps and LED DRLs, followed by a sleek front bumper design.
- At the bottom of the bumper is a honey-mesh-like grille with silver skid plates. In pictures, a raised hood on the grille with accented black paint that appears in the form of an EV distinctive badge can be seen.
- The vehicle also gets some sculpted body lines on the front and rear fenders which add to the muscular stance of the SUV.
- It also gets large squared-off wheel arches, which get dual tuned alloy wheels with thick black cladding on the sides.
Look from the back:
- The second picture shows the rear end of the vehicle and we can see a Cherokee or Renegade-like rear-end design. The back-end design of the EV Jeep will get a set of LED tail lamps with X-like detailing around it.
- A blue e badge with Jeep Signature and blacked-out rear bumper with silver skid plate can be seen in the picture.
So far, only these details are apparent in the pictures. Further details about the debut e-SUV will be divulged in the near future.
Read more: Introducing Tata Altroz AT -What to expect?