After much wait, BMW has finally launched the all-electric Mini Cooper SE in India. The ex-showroom price for the Indian market has been kept at INR 47.20 lakh. The three-door fully electric hatchback debuts as the company’s first EV. This is the second all-electric car from the BMW Group in India after BMW iX.
Mini will bring this electric car to India as a CBU unit. Due to which this hatchback is available in a single, full-loaded variant. Only 30 units were allotted for India in the first batch. The deliveries of the first batch will start from March, while the bookings for the next batch will also start around the same time.
- The electric motor in Mini Cooper SE generates 184 hp power and 270 Nm torque.
- Under the hood, it gets a 32.6kWh battery pack, which is placed under the passenger seat in a T-shape. Power is sent only to the front wheels, allowing the car to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.3 seconds.
- With this power, the top speed of car 150 kmph.
- The Cooper SE gets four drive modes – Mid, Sport, Green and Green+.
- The Mini Cooper SE electric hatchback offers a WLTP-certified driving range of up to 270 kms.
- Fast charging can be done from 0 to 80 percent in 36 minutes through Cooper SE 50kW charge point. Whereas with the standard 11kW wall box charger, it can be charged from 0 to 80 percent in 150 minutes. Whereas full charging takes 210 minuGreen
- MINI Cooper is offering two years standard warranty with unlimited kms on the SE.
- Compared to the combustion engine model, the ground clearance is 15mm higher, which makes room for the battery pack.
India gets a new facelifted version of the Cooper SE. In terms of design, all the traditional features of Cooper’s design such as round LED headlamps, Union Jack-themed LED tail-lamps ,and silhouette have been the same.
Talking about changes, it gets a bigger blanked-out front grille, re-profiled front bumper, redesigned rear bumper, and bright yellow accents on the mirror caps and wheels. Since it is an electric car, exhaust pipes are not seen in it.
If we look inside of the car, the overall dashboard design of the Cooper SE is similar to that of the standard Cooper hatchback. Although a major highlight of the Cooper SE is its new 5.5-inch digital instrument cluster, a first in a Mini car. Besides, a new toggle switch on the center console for the multi-level brake-regeneration system is given in this. While bright yellow accents have been given in the interior as well. The Cooper SE is available in India in four colors, viz. White Silver, Midnight Black, Moonwalk Gray, and British Racing Green.