German luxury automobile maker BMW has launched its all-electric iX EV SAV ( Sports Activity Vehicle) in India. The car has already been launched in the European and American markets. Notably, this car has also been considered the safest car in the Euro NCAP crash test. This is the new flagship electric car of the premium electric SUV segment in India.
Highlights of the car:
- It is based on an all-new aluminium spaceframe. Its size is equal to the BMW X5.
- BMW has used an all-electric platform, which includes two electric motors.
- Variant xDrive 40: This variant has a 71 kWh battery pack is available in This battery pack gives a maximum range of 414 km on a single charge. The dual motors give an output of 322 bhp andgenerate a torque of 630 Nm.
- Variant xDrive 50: This variant uses a 105.2 kWh battery pack, which gives a maximum range of 611 km. This variant generates 516 bhp of power and 765 Nm of torque and can accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in 4.6 seconds.
- Equipped with fast charging: The SAVcar also gets the option of a fast-charging system, which enables DC fast-charging up to 195kW. With this, the battery of the xDrive 50 variant can be charged from 10 to 80 percent in just 35 minutes. Whereas, the iX xDrive 40 takes just 31 minutes to charge from 10 to 80 percent using a DC charger.
- BMW iX EV Exterior: The dual-beam looking sleek LED headlamps are given on its sides. The front bumper gets blue coloured accents that point to the all-electric features of the SUV. The bonnet also comes with an attractive and masculine look. It gets sporty alloy wheels, black side body cladding with blue accents, black glass area. The rear profile also gets sleek LED taillights, a sporty roof spoiler and a black bumper with blue accents.
Pricing: For this all-electric premium car the ex-showroom price is kept at Rs. 1.16 crores.