After a considerable wait, Tata Motors has finally released the Nexon EV Max in India. In comparison to the Nexon standard model, the long-range Nexon EV Max received some significant modifications. In India, the Nexon EV Max will compete with the MG ZS EV, a prospective competitor.
The Tata Nexon EV Max starts at INR 17.74 lakh, while the MG ZS EV starts at INR 22 lakh. The Tata Nexon EV Max is now an accessible option, with a price difference of Rs 4.26 lakh. This vehicle is available in two versions, viz. XZ+ and XZ+ Lux. The apex model of Tata Nexon EV Max costs INR 19.24 lakh. Intensi-Teal, Daytona Grey, and Pristine White are among the color options. Now, let’s have a look at its features.
Battery and Charging:
A 40.5kWh lithium-ion battery powers the Nexon EV Max. The Tata Nexon EV currently has a 33 percent higher battery capacity. The engine and battery pack are both IP67 rated.
Nexon EV Max will also have fast charging capability. It can be fully charged in 6.5 hours using the 7.2kW AC fast charger. With a commercially available 50kW DC charger, it can be charged to 80% in about 56 minutes.
Power and range:
Read more: Hyundai IONIQ 5 is set to be launched in India this year; The company plans to bring 6 EVs by 2028
This car accelerates from zero to hundred kilometers per hour in less than nine seconds. The maximum power produced by this vehicle is 143 PS. Aside from that, it has a torque of 250 Nm. Its top speed will be 140 km/hr at the same time.
The newly launched Nexon Max will have a longer range of 437 km. For comparison, the current Nexon EV has a range of 312 km on a single charge.
- Nexon Max has got 30 new features, including leatherette ventilated seats, a jewelry control knob, wireless charging, auto-dimming IRVMs, smartwatch integration, and an air purifier.
- The Tata Nexon EV Max is equipped with a new Zconnect 2.0 linked car technology that includes more than 48 connected car capabilities.
- The SUV also features an automatic/manual DTC check, smartwatch integration, monthly vehicle reports, a charge limit, and an electric sunroof.
- Nexon EV Max has ESP, Hill Hold Control, Hill Descent Control, electronic parking brake, and all four disc brakes for added safety.
- The battery and electric motor are covered by an 8-year or 1,60,000 kilometer warranty.