Efforts are being made for a long time to reduce the dependence on petrol and diesel as the main source of fuel. The main reason behind this is the pollution caused by vehicles running on fossil fuels and the dependence on other countries for petrol and diesel. After the first CNG and electric vehicles, now hydrogen vehicles are prominent as their alternatives. Many are advocating FCHV over electric vehicles in India. In this context, it is pertinent here to have a look at India’s first Green Hydrogen vehicle, Toyota Mirai.
Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari arrived at Parliament in his hydrogen-powered car Toyota Mirai. Nitin Gadkari has been promoting alternative fuels and now he has emphasized that the future of fuel is hydrogen. Minister said, “To become ‘Atmanirbhar’, we have introduced Green Hydrogen which is produced from water. This car is a pilot project. Now manufacturing of Green Hydrogen will start in the country. Imports will be curbed and new employment opportunities will be created.”
Also read: MG has launched its Facelifted Electric SUV ZS in India; Swank a range of 461 km
Toyota launched India’s first all-hydrogen electric car Mirai as part of its pilot project with the International Center for Automotive Technology (ICAT). The price of the premium Sedan Mirai for India is yet to be released. Toyota, however, released the Single-Speed automatic variant at the price of USD 66,000, which roughly converts to Rs. 50 lakhs.
About Toyota Mirai:
- The Toyota Mirai is one of the world’s first Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV) and runs on electricity generated from pure hydrogen.
- It is also considered a true zero-emission vehicle, as the car emits only water from the tailpipe.
- The company claims that fuel can be filled in this car in just five minutes.
- This car can cover a distance of up to 646 km once the full tank is filled with fuel.
- Mirai features three hydrogen tanks for an extended range.
- You can choose from three driving modes: Eco, Normal, and Sport through a single button.
- For better drive assistance it has the support of Toyota teammate.
- It has 12.3-inches Touchscreen Display to bring all your apps within reach.
- The car flaunts a Dual-Fixed Panoramic View Moonroof.
- The car has heated and ventilated front and rear seats for better comfort.
- For entertainment, it has JBL audio system along with a 1200-watt amplifier.